an appaloosa experience: windows 8

4 posters

Go down

an appaloosa experience: windows 8 Empty an appaloosa experience: windows 8

Post by alyaza March 15th 2015, 6:39 am

yeah so i got a new laptop for schooling purposes over winter break and it has windows 8 on it because it's one of those new laptops which have ridiculous specs and over the past few weeks i've been using it to write essays and stuff

unfortunately, because windows 8 fucking sucks, it's borderline impossible to even do that sometimes

those built in mousepads they have on most laptops are so sensitive that they will phantom click if you even touch the pad for moving the mouse around, and sometimes if you touch them they will literally do nothing for minutes on end, which either way turns 8 into an unusable shitshoot

that's the best part too

most of the apps dont load for shit either, and internet explorer is slower than a turtle and has a tendency to catastrophically explode when you try to do anything in it. i downloaded glorious chrome as such and it's better but APPARENTLY windows 8 chokes the life out of everything because chrome's pretty slow too

the tiles and new control panel would be okay but like i said the mousepad is so sensitive that you cant use either of them half the time and there's no sensitivity settings as far as i know because it's a mousepad so basically everything is fucked

a good way to tell by the way when your OS is absolute shit is when i literally have to plug in a mouse to make it even halfway functional

tl;dr windows 8 is pretty much an unusable dumpster fire with a laptop, long live windows 7 and XP
alyaza
alyaza
Pedophile

volume of testosterone : 5434

http://fudgiefighteria.com

Back to top Go down

an appaloosa experience: windows 8 Empty Re: an appaloosa experience: windows 8

Post by Total "Chad" March 15th 2015, 9:25 am

appaloosa horse wrote:yeah so i got a new laptop for schooling purposes over winter break and it has windows 8 on it because it's one of those new laptops which have ridiculous specs and over the past few weeks i've been using it to write essays and stuff

unfortunately, because windows 8 fucking sucks, it's borderline impossible to even do that sometimes

those built in mousepads they have on most laptops are so sensitive that they will phantom click if you even touch the pad for moving the mouse around, and sometimes if you touch them they will literally do nothing for minutes on end, which either way turns 8 into an unusable shitshoot

that's the best part too

most of the apps dont load for shit either, and internet explorer is slower than a turtle and has a tendency to catastrophically explode when you try to do anything in it. i downloaded glorious chrome as such and it's better but APPARENTLY windows 8 chokes the life out of everything because chrome's pretty slow too

the tiles and new control panel would be okay but like i said the mousepad is so sensitive that you cant use either of them half the time and there's no sensitivity settings as far as i know because it's a mousepad so basically everything is fucked

a good way to tell by the way when your OS is absolute shit is when i literally have to plug in a mouse to make it even halfway functional

tl;dr windows 8 is pretty much an unusable dumpster fire with a laptop, long live windows 7 and XP
get windows 8.1 or higher. no apps woould work with windows 8 until i upgraded os
Total
Total "Chad"
Grand Mac Daddy Big Mac

volume of testosterone : 155850

http://www.otthunderdome.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza March 15th 2015, 9:31 am

aight i'll try that the next time i boot up my laptop and see if it manages to improve the windows 8 experience
alyaza
alyaza
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

Post by salty March 15th 2015, 10:17 am

dat free win 10 though
salty
salty
STILL UNSTOPPABLE

volume of testosterone : 293647

http://www.otthunderdome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alyaza May 5th 2015, 12:43 pm

further complicating this my glorious windows 8 computer which i have literally used less than 15 times and only for school purposes managed to get a virus on it somehow

this is why i use adblock and noscript
alyaza
alyaza
Pedophile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down